    SubjectRe: fs specific union in struct buffer head? Optimal implementation of allocate on flush seems to require a b_parent field in struct buffer_head.
    I want to first implement allocate, then implement re-allocate.  Note the synergy
    between this, and online shrinking the fs, and journaling, and wandering logs,
    and implementing online reordering for higher performance during the night.

    Hans

    --
    Get Linux (http://www.kernel.org) plus ReiserFS
    (http://devlinux.org/namesys). If you sell an OS or

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.021 / U:31.992 seconds]