SubjectRe: RH 6.0 kernel Image
Hi Alex.

>> I recently installed RH 6.0 (Hedwig) in my machine.

>> I tried to make a new kernel image with sound capabilities.
>> When i ran "make config" it is fine. Then, when i tried to run
>> "make dep" i first got timestamp errors on scripts/mkdep.c file.
>> I touched it. Then i got the following error

Also check your processor - I had this on one system with a Cyrix
486sx/33 CPU where it turned out that the CPU was claiming to have
some facility it didn't actually have, and that was tripping gcc up. I
never did find out precicely what facility was involved, but replacing
it with an AMD 486sx/33 CPU cured the problem, although replacing it
with another (four) Cyris 486sx CPU's didn't help...

Best wishes from Riley.

PS: The kernel versions page is now back online at the URL below, and
includes separate sublists both for each kernel series, and for
each year of development.