Subjectuseful gdb enhancement
Date
In case anyone is cursing gdb, I've written the .gdbinit
below that makes it VERY pleasant to use for single stepping
instructions at the console or in an xterm.

To test it out, put it in your home directory and try "gdb /bin/ls"
then use "myni" to single step through the instructions. With
any luck, you'll be impressed at what gdb can really do.

I hope people don't mind this here, but I am sure it will be of
interest to the majority here. I put a lot of effort into getting
it "right". Note that a lot of console-specific/vt102-specific ansi
codes are used for formatting. There are some tricks done to
display the last instruction executed, etc.

Enjoy...

-- Nathan Laredo
laredo@gnu.org

begin 644 .gdbinit
M(V9I;&4@9'9D"B-S970@87)G<R!G(#4R-C`V,2`Q,#<S-S,Y-S<V("]T;7`O
M=`IP<FEN=&8@(AM;2!M;,DH;6S%M3F%T:&%N)W,@4W5P97(@1T1"&UMM("TM
M('5S92!M>6YI('1O('-T97!<;EQN7&XH;F]N92DB"G-E="!P<F]M<'0@*%-U
M<&5R1T1"*2`*9&5F:6YE(&UY;FD*"6YI"@EP<FEN=&8@(AM;2!M;,6U.871H
M86XG<R!3=7!E<B!'1$(;6VT@+2T@=7-E(&UY;FD@=&\@<W1E<!M;-4@;6TH;
M6S-(&UM-&ULQ.4`H;&%S="!I;G-T<G5C=&EO;BD@7&XB"@EX("\V:2`D96EP
M"@EP<FEN=&8@(AM;,3%(+3$V*"4E96)P*3HB"@EX("\Q>'<@)&5B<"`M(#!X
M,3`*"7!R:6YT9B`B&ULQ,D@M,3(H)25E8G`I.B(*"7@@+S%X=R`D96)P("T@
M,'@P8PH)<')I;G1F("(;6S$S2"`M."@E)65B<"DZ(@H)>"`O,7AW("1E8G`@
M+2`P>#`X"@EP<FEN=&8@(AM;,31(("TT*"4E96)P*3HB"@EX("\Q>'<@)&5B
M<"`M(#!X,#0*"7!R:6YT9B`B&ULQ-4@@("`H)25E8G`I.B(*"7@@+S%X=R`D
M96)P("T@,'@P,`H)<')I;G1F("(;6S$Q.S,V2"`@-"@E)65B<"DZ(@H)>"`O
M,7AW("1E8G`@*R`P>#`T"@EP<FEN=&8@(AM;,3([,S9(("`X*"4E96)P*3HB
M"@EX("\Q>'<@)&5B<"`K(#!X,#@*"7!R:6YT9B`B&ULQ,SLS-D@@,3(H)25E
M8G`I.B(*"7@@+S%X=R`D96)P("L@,'@P8PH)<')I;G1F("(;6S$T.S,V2"`Q
M-B@E)65B<"DZ(@H)>"`O,7AW("1E8G`@*R`P>#$P"@EP<FEN=&8@(AM;,34[
M,S9((#(P*"4E96)P*3HB"@EX("\Q>'<@)&5B<"`K(#!X,30*"7!R:6YT9B`B
M7&YE87@Z("4P.'@@96)X.B`E,#AX(&5C>#H@)3`X>"!E9'@Z("4P.'A<;B(L
M("1E87@L("1E8G@L("1E8W@L("1E9'@*"7!R:6YT9B`B96)P.B`E,#AX(&5S
M<#H@)3`X>"!E9&DZ("4P.'@@97-I.B`E,#AX7&Y<;B(L("1E8G`L("1E<W`L
M("1E9&DL("1E<VD*"6EN9F\@<W1A8VL@,0IE;F0*8G(@7U]L:6)C7W-T87)T
-7VUA:6X*<@IM>6YI"@``
`
end

PS. RMS wants me to insert "GNU/Linux" in my emails; this PS
is for him.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.028 / U:0.068 seconds]