Subject2.2.13pre15 still freezes
OK, forget about my post that downgrading egcs to gcc 2.7.2.3 would have
been the cure. It wasn't. Some time afterwards the machine stopped again.
But interestingly I could not get it to boot again until I conneted the AC
adapter again (ah, yes, a notebook ;)
The battery was at about 40% or more. After the AC adapter was connected
everything is working again until now. Slowly this crappy PC hardware is
driving me crazy! Maybe I am suffering more than the kernel freeze problem?
Maybe my hardware is broken too and the DC power supply from the battery
fails at about 40% with small dropouts? Who knows? Though this is already a
replacement notebook because the first had a faulty floppy and CDROM...
BTW: It is a Mitac Mi6020 if this is known by someone...
CU
nils

--
Nils Faerber (Linux Nils) eMail: nils@unix-ag.org