    SubjectRe: 2.0.36 networking lock
    > -If I connect to the server with ssh (ssh server) I get no prompt for
    > password and after a while I get a timeout message.

    DNS timeout maybe

    > -Previous ssh connections still keep working.

    > -Getting a web page from the server works but when I run a cgi with POST method
    > I get connection timed out.

    Does the cgi cause redirects to be generated ?

    > -named is unable to resolv anything it has to get from outside.

    That would match

    > -ping works.

    By address or by name for outside hosts

    > -ppp users that connects via modem with pap get disconnected few
    > seconds after being successfully authenticated.

    That would match dns for some cases

    > -Nothing strange is logged by syslogd or klogd (Is there a way to obtain
    > more info from the kernel in such situations?)

    "dmesg" shows all the kernel logs

    Does traceroute -n show that the routes to the outside world are stil fine ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.025 / U:7.428 seconds]