    SubjectRe: C++ in kernel (was Re: exception in a device driver)
    > >    Now... what Alan says about the difficulty of supporting it within the
    > >kernel may very well be the case - I don't know. That said, its time to
    > start
    > >considering the future. C++ cannot be ignored by the kernel forever. The

    Why not ? It's not important at all which language you're using. It's
    the compiler's task to produce the BEST code. The performance and the speed
    of the compiled code is the function of the compiler's goodness and not
    the language itself. Choosing language is only important for people
    to make programs easier. But of course simplier language requires simplier
    compiler and optimizer to produce almost the same code than more complex
    languages. That's why a C compiler usually produce smaller and faster
    code than a C++ compiler. as far as I know :)

    ---[ LGB/DC ]------------[ University Of Veszprém ]------[ Lénárt Gábor ]---
    "The truth is out there" "We're l{ea,i}ving together" "The future is dark."
    ---[ 88/422022(4602) ]---[ ]---------[ 87/477074 ]---

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.020 / U:3.528 seconds]