    SubjectRe: Porting vfork()
    Date
    > My intent in this thread was to gage the vfork() impact.  It makes no sense
    > to commit time developing a kernel solution if only a very few applications
    > have such silly dependencies.

    I think you can fix it in libc. Make vfork() do a clone with CLONE_VM and
    leave a small gap in the stack for the parent to use.

    In the client we run as before. The parent waits on a pthread mutex of some
    sort which libc can clean up on exit, or exec (I belive those are the right
    cases ?). I guess it needs to block all signals too.

    So in theory its doable in glibc if anyone is feeling extremely clever

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.017 / U:0.768 seconds]