SubjectRe: "System is too big. Try using bzImage or modules."

> I got this message trying "make zImage." Uncompressed vmlinux is
> 1500675 bytes. Make bzImage works fine, and the system boots fine.
> Below I attached the .config. If someone could gimme a clue, I'd be
> grateful.

It means that your kernel is too big to fit in DOS 640Ko memory
during loading, so you can't use loading method intalled when doing
make zImage. make bzImage uses a new method that uses upper
memory to load Linux kernel.
The result is the same. You just need to have a not too old version
of Lilo or Loadlin to boot Linux.

christophe

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans