    SubjectRe: us.kernel.org mirroring inconsistency

    Steve VanDevender <stevev@efn.org> writes:

    > I'm getting a bit disturbed by an inconsistency between the
    > kernel.org mirrors. For example, I have just connected to
    > katelyn.optilinkcomm.net, which apparently carries only bz2 files
    > and not gz files.
    >
    > It seems to defeat the purpose if kernel.org mirrors don't
    > actually carry the full contents of kernel.org, even accounting
    > for any lag in pulling down new files.

    I agree.

    When I was switching my private mirror from using the main site to a
    mirror, I was also a bit disturbed to see that most mirror sites seem
    to have timestamps that are offset from those on kernel.org.

    Cheers,

    - Jim

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.023 / U:0.972 seconds]