Subjectlatest-only mirrors
Hi Peter,

I have an idea for a new kind of mirror. Since 90% of all
downloads probably are the newest kernel only, we might
want to setup a very large latest-only mirror network
where we distribute files by rsync so all mirrors have
the latest kernel source immediately.

I think that would rid us of the lack of mirrors (who can't
spare 50 megs on his/her server?) and of the
overloading (since the rsync mechanism makes sure that all
mirrors have the latest files within an hour or so).

An yes, I volunteer to be one of those light-weight mirrors.
My network connection is fast and mostly idle, but my disk
space is quite limited...

Rik -- If a Microsoft product fails, who do you sue?
| Linux memory management tour guide. |
| Scouting Vries cubscout leader. |