    SubjectRe: 'make menuconfig' crash in 2.2.0-pre*
    >  > quickly.
    > > This also happens on the 'Partition Types' menu, and on the
    > > 'Additional low-level drivers' from the Sound menu. It doesn't seem
    > > to happen on the 'SCSI low-level drivers' menu though.
    > > Interesting bug, and very reproducable :-)
    > I have to query whether you've managed to get yourself a corrupted
    > source tree since I've been in all of those config areas on 2.2.0.pre1
    > through 2.2.0.pre3 and haven't seen anything resembling what you refer
    > to. Could you please check that?
    > Alternatively, as there appear to be several reports of various things
    > that appear to have a similar cause, is this a case of using an
    > incorrect patch sequence from whatever base kernel you started with,
    > or of patching a modified kernel rather than the raw one?

    I have a tree (I am not near that computer) which has irda driver
    missing. Apparently my patch doesn't create directories automatically
    or I missed an option. Anyway this could be the problem - and the cure is
    to download the complete tarball.

    Vladimir Dergachev

    PS - for anyone who is interested my system is Slackware - and I found
    several utilities (like sed) being old enough so that new gnu stuff (like
    configure) doesn't work well. patch can be another one. On the other hand
    I think I upgraded it along with everything else.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.019 / U:32.828 seconds]