SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
In <199901041755.SAA02906@oboe.it.uc3m.es> Peter T. Breuer (ptb@it.uc3m.es) wrote:
PB> "A month of sundays ago Khimenko Victor wrote:"
>>
>> > have the correct vendor in there somewhere.
>>
>> Why superdistro-linux (for local distribution superdistro :-) is any better
>> then gnu-linux ?

PB> Because it tells you where they put their config files, libraries, init
PB> files, log files, and users.

Config files are in /etc, libraries are in /usr/lib and /lib, log files are
in /var/log (see FHS 2.0) and user files could be anywhere where admin will put
them. What about init files... You really think that constantly growing list
with FEW HUNDREDS distributions (few tens listed at www.linuxhq.com are just
beginning of this list!) will help here ? Who will mantain it ? How often
autoconf should be changed to reflect changes in list (every day? twice per
day? gosh) I'm not sure if LSB solution will work but this list will not work
for sure... BTW init scripts problem is annoying one but libc problems is far
more important form autoconf. And thus difference between GNU/Linux and
(hypotetic) BSD/Linux or (real) GNU/Hurd ...

PB> GSMFR (god save me from redhat).

What's wrong with RedHat ?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.023 / U:0.632 seconds]