SubjectRe: [patch] arca-vm-6, killed kswapd [Re: [patch] new-vm improvement , [Re: 2.2.0 Bug summary]]
On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> However, one of the things I found so appealing with the patch was the
> fact that it removed a lot of code, and that wouldn't be true for
> something that just changed kswapd to run less often. Oh, well.

We can still remove the dynamic prio thing and the
run-one-jiffy-and-schedule thing since we don't need to give
swapout performances via kswapd anymore allowing the process to swapout
async and take credits from the bank some time after...

We can more simply schedule() if need_resched is set inside the kswapd

I am going to do something like that right now...

Andrea Arcangeli