SubjectRe: 2.2.0-pre2 seems faster than 2.1.132, but SCSI problem?
> I am interested in the INQUIRY response sent by devices that fail with the
> ncr53c8xx driver. If you want to use scsiinfo for getting such data from a
> scanner, this will not work due to the sg driver only accepting O_RDWR
> open(). Hacking the sg_open() routine in sg.c so that it will also accept
> O_RDONLY open() works around this problem.

I suppose it is the streamer which causes the problems. So here's the output
of "scsiinfo -i /dev/st0":

Inquiry command
---------------
Relative Address 0
Wide bus 32 0
Wide bus 16 0
Synchronous neg. 1
Linked Commands 1
Command Queueing 0
SftRe 0
Device Type 1
Peripheral Qualifier 0
Removable? 1
Device Type Modifier 0
ISO Version 0
ECMA Version 0
ANSI Version 2
AENC 0
TrmIOP 0
Response Data Format 2
Vendor: ARCHIVE
Product: Python 25588-XXX
Revision level: 2.96Maynard

And just in case: "scsiinfo -i /dev/scd0"

Inquiry command
---------------
Relative Address 0
Wide bus 32 0
Wide bus 16 0
Synchronous neg. 1
Linked Commands 1
Command Queueing 0
SftRe 0
Device Type 5
Peripheral Qualifier 0
Removable? 1
Device Type Modifier 0
ISO Version 0
ECMA Version 0
ANSI Version 2
AENC 0
TrmIOP 0
Response Data Format 2
Vendor: PLEXTOR
Product: CD-ROM PX-4XCE
Revision level: 1.0109/25/95 08:00 001

I used the old driver ncr538/7xx to do the inquiries. If it helps I still
volunteer to crash my SCSI-bus again using the new driver and xcdroast
and/or write to /dev/st0. Then I would boot off an IDE-drive to keep the
system from hanging and to be able to record all the error messages.

Jörg Schuler.

--
| | Bureaucracy is an institution that
| ub4h@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de | can be overcome with an honest attitude,
| | great patience, big tolerance towards
| Jorg Schuler | stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary.
| |
\----------------------------/ (source unknown (to me at least))

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.039 / U:0.804 seconds]