SubjectRe: I will _not_ start accepting patches!

> > One of the ways in which the 2.3 cycle can be shorter is
> > by only integrating stuff that's already being worked on
> > and is ready by the time 2.3.0 is forked off. Then we
> > integrate all those things within 5 revisions and start
> > debugging. Maybe we even want to distribute all of those
> > things in one big patch _before_ 2.3.0 is forked off.

I think rolling it all into one large patch would be a bad thing, who's
going to oversee integration? Linus. woudl you want to stare at upwards
of 1 megs of diffs spread across 5 revisions?

I think if anything like that was done, only dependant features should be
rolled. if something doesn't depend on anotehr fetaure, it should remain
a sole feature for Linus to look over (or whoever would be maintainer)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:50    [W:0.103 / U:0.044 seconds]