SubjectRe: 2.2.0pre9: UP build fails
>> I built -pre9 for a P5/120 with SMP.  Then I ran `make config'
>> and changed it to build a UP version. The build fails. Trace info
>> is shown below.
>
> Thank you to for the message.
>
> I need no trace info to know that doing this has a high potential of
> problems.
>
> Most likely you need to make a complete
>
> make clean
>
> when switching from SMP to UP compiles and vice versa.

That's not strong enough. After `make config' to turn off SMP, I ran
the recommended `make dep clean bzImage' which produced the error trace
I presented. The command `make mrproper' resets things correctly,
but it also does this:

rm -f .version .config* config.in config.old

Which will destroy my hard won configuration. Bummer.

> If you want to fix it, there was an announce of the mailing list linux-kbuild
> on linux-kernel. There should other responsible people to contact.

Thanks for the pointer.

-lda

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.105 / U:0.016 seconds]