    SubjectRe: 2.2.0-final
    It is the "Tecra bug". You need to use zImage, the broken BIOS in some
    toshiba laptops just can't deal with the bzImage. I don't know why it
    works with 2.0.x though. However, the bug is in your hardware.

    KeyID 1024D/73348CA0
    Fingerprint 8EFC 7F10 F26C 55A8 458A 38B0 890F 384F 7334 8CA0
    Public key available at http://www.vitelus.com/aaronl/pubkey.asc

    On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Riley Williams wrote:

    > Hi Tom.

    > >> Having read that last night, I went home and used "make zImage"
    > >> and "make bzImage" on the configuration that "make zImage" worked
    > >> on the said laptop, copied them both over to the laptop, made
    > >> entries in /etc/lilo.conf for both of them, then tried them both
    > >> out...
    >
    > >> Once again, the zImage version worked, and the bzImage version
    > >> didn't, so there's definately something here - and, since they're
    > >> both built from the same configuration file...
    >
    > >> Mind if I ask a couple of questions:
    >
    > >> 1. How much RAM do you have, Tom?
    >
    > > 32 MB.
    >
    > >> 2. Is there a minimum RAM size for bzImage to work?
    >
    > > Don't know.
    >
    > Neither do I, but given the above answers, I have to assume it does
    > indeed have a minimum RAM size, and that minimum is somewhere between
    > the 12M that I have and the 32M that you have...
    >
    > Alan: Any ideas?
    >
    > Best wishes from Riley.
    >
    > ---
    > * ftp://ftp.MemAlpha.cx/pub/rhw/Linux
    > * http://www.MemAlpha.cx/~rhw/kernel.versions.html
    >

    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.045 / U:0.064 seconds]