    SubjectRe: That whole Netscape problem...
    "Robert G. 'Doc' Savage" <> writes:

    > This is almost certainly NOT a Linux problem.
    > This also happens under Solaris 2.5.1. Just two weeks ago I was called in
    > on a Saturday to kill a zombie Netscape 4.5 process that had brought an
    > Ultra 10 workstation to its virtual knees. In a month I'll have two dozen
    > of these workstations running Netscape 4.5 on a three shift 24/7 basis.
    > I'm not looking forward to getting calls in the middle of the night.

    Maybe this is a bit off topic, but I have also seen this to happen on
    Solaris 2.6 and Solaris 2.7 almost regularly. Even more on Solaris than
    on Linux, but probably because on Solaris I run much longer sessions
    (i.e., until something happens to netscape and I have to kill it).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.018 / U:36.824 seconds]