SubjectRe: That whole Netscape problem...
On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> In message <36A4C42D.83DBE79B@home.com>, Graham TerMarsch writes:
>
> > I'll admit that I haven't been avidly following the whole thread going on
> > regarding the problems that people have been having with Netscape as of late
> > but it's gotten so bad recently that I've just got to throw in my own two
> > cents....
> >
> > I'm running Netscape 4.5 here on my RH 5.2 machine w/2.2pre7-ac2 and have
> > found that more and more often with the newer kernels its hanging up. Don't
> > recall this happening in any of the 2.1.13x kernels that I'd tried, but with
> > the 2.2pre kernels it's happening about every half hour to an hour now. Not
> [snip]
>

> I have also noticed increasing Netscape crash frequency (INCF
> factor:) as kernel revisions head toward 2.2. I think the
> problem is Netscape, but there isn't a lot we can do about
> that for the moment.
>
> Patiently wait for Netscape 5 and hope they do a better job?
>
> I wish there was an alternative, but as ugly as Netscape is, there
> really isn't any other choice right now.

I have turned to netscape 3.01 after I have tried nearly every 4.xx
version, and after the freshmeat guy has changed the layout. I just need
to load a freshmeat file from disk, without any network connection, and
netscape4 hangs (it works most of the time when I have the image autoload
feature turned on, which I don't do very often)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.119 / U:0.040 seconds]