SubjectRe: That whole Netscape problem...
On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 04:27:02PM -0800, doctor@fruitbat.org wrote:
> I find it interesting that many people have this problem with Netscape.
> I've been running 4.51 for around 4 months (under 2.0.x) and never had it
> hang or die. With previous releases of Netscape there was some
> instability, but usually I just upgrade my libc and it settled down.

I do have less problems with NS nowadays but there are instances where it
simply boms out, without telling why at all.

> Making a blanket statement that 'product XYZ will work with a 2.0
> kernel' will almost always be false on someones system. And usually it's
> environmental.

probably. however, I fail to see why it only happens to NS and not other
software built with different libs et al.

I do compile a lot myself and almost never install a binary, ecept for most
X stuff since that takes a lot of time, space etc.

I still tend to think that NS _is_ a problem and I hope that some day, a
seriously stable version is available.

--
Grobbebol's Home | Don't give in to spammers.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel | Use your real e-mail address