SubjectRe: Lockup with RTL8139 driver
Date

----- Original Message -----
From: Nico Schmoigl <schmoigl@rumms.uni-mannheim.de>
To: Bas Mevissen <sgm@stack.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 1999 17:26
Subject: Re: Lockup with RTL8139 driver

:Hi Bas,
:
:> I use Linux kernel 2.0.36 and 2.1.132 on a dual PPro@200 with a Tyan
board.
:> I have a PCI RTL8139-based NIC and it locks up the computer under heavy
:> traffic.
:> One suggestion I learned from Paul Gortmakers page, was to have the card
:> inserted to a bus master slot.
:> My NIC card is in PCI slot 1, so that should be OK.
:> Does anyone know about this problem?
:
:In my PPro system (200 MHz too) the Realtek 8139 works very fine.
:No breakdown nothing... The thing that surprise me is the fact that
:you have a PPro where a PCI slot should not have bus master
:capability...
:
No, I think that all slots have BM capability. So it should not make any
difference in which slot I put that card.

:BTW: Some time ago I had a problem with the 8029-chip of
:Realtek on the same CPU (my board is a QDI). I updated my BIOS
:and from then on everything went fine... Perhapes it is worth a
:guess...
:

It is the latest BIOS. That did make some things better, but still no BM IDE
:-(

BTW. I also have an 8029-based NIC in that computer for a long time. It has
always worked fine and I don't have any problems with it.

Thanks for your reply,

Bas.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.031 / U:0.020 seconds]