SubjectRe: I *need* to know what this is.

Ok, first, if I told you I've used three different drives and got
the same error, how would it matter what the current hd specs are?

kernel is a stock 2.0.35 kernel from rh 5.1.

I'm assuming this error MEANS something and isn't reliant on
a specific manufacturer, but to satisfy everyone who may be
asking the same questions:

brand is a 6.4gig Quantum Fireball SE.

The interface is scsi, but it's happened on many ide drives as well.

The other drives were Quantums as well. If there is a problem with
quantum drives and linux, that would be swell, but I need to know.

Thanks
-jeremy

dtillman@cannonexpress.com wrote:

> > EXT2-fs error (device 08:01): ext2_find_entry: bad entry in directory
> > #284673: rec_len is too small for name_len - offset=1436, inode=284754,
> > rec_len=20, name_len=41
> >
> > We have burned three machines now and all three are getting the same
> > error. I need to have an idea what this is. I find it hard to
> > believe that we happen to get three bad drives in a row. All hardware
> > has been switched out at least three times.
> >
> > I need an *answer* on this.
>
> Not intending to rant, but this sort of thing drives me nuts.
>
> What kernel version?
>
> What HD size?
>
> What HD brand?
>
> What HD interface?
>
> No one one the list is psychic, just psycho...
>
> If you are using UDM drives, and pre 2.0.34 kernels, you may
> experience unhappiness.
>
> -Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:7.640 / U:0.324 seconds]