SubjectMaintainer for kernel NFS(d) [was Re: Linux-2.2.0 (pre1)]
From

> On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 07:54:30PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
>> knfsd does need someone to stick their head above the parapet
>> and say "I am the kernel contact for the knfsd stuff". There
>> are active knfsd people but no single kernel side knfsd
>> figurehead , like HJ for the user stuff.

> And just let me say (sorry for the repetition) that NFS is
> something important.

> I would do the job, but I can't, since
> (a) I have no idea about NFS internals
> (b) at the moment, I'm happy, if I get other very important
> things done
> in time

> So please, somebody show up and take responsibility! (What
> about Trond ???)

It's always nice to be able to pass on the buck isn't it ;-)...

If nobody else volunteers, I'll take on the job, but I should warn
people that:

a) I'm a physicist, not a crack programmer.
b) I'm forced to travel a lot due to a number of other
responsibilites.

In other words: I cannot guarantee that I'm the most competent for the
job, nor can I guarantee any 24 hour response time. As I said, though,
I'll give it a try if nobody else wants to...

Cheers,
Trond

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.098 / U:0.140 seconds]