SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
In message <>, "Albert D. Cahalan"
| to be mentioned anymore. When I see i386-redhat-linux on all the
| FSF stuff I compile, I will reconsider that decision. Until then,
| I hope others will join me in ignoring you as punishment.
That's hypocrisy.

"i386-redhat-linux", eh? On S.u.S.E.? Debian? Stampede? Pacific Hi-Tech?
None of which are sufficiently different to require a different canonical
triplet. So all of them would end up being identified as "redhat"... and I
fail to see how identifying other Linux distributions as Red Hat (or Red Hat
wannabees) differs from your complaint about "GNU/Linux".

brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
system administrator [WAY too many hats]
carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering KF8NH