SubjectRe: *** draft 4 - press release ***
In message <XFMail.990119142137.simon@irial.com> you write:

>> The processors part is okay, it's just confusing to mention
>> every architectures.
>one of linux's strengths is cross paltform support. it is NOT confusing

The fact of cross platform support is indeed not confusing.
What I wnated to say is, if I go to the average guy and tell him,
he will just not understand. If I tell him, 'Linux runs on
your PC and your friends Mac,' then he will understand. If I
tell him 'Linux runs on PC, PowerMac, UltraSparc, Alpha, ARM,
...' then he will just stop to listen anymore (or read an
article).

When I meat my friends who do 'suit jobs' like marketing and try
to tell them, they will not listen after the first word they do
not grasp. The press release has to be as easy to understand as
possible (That does not count the use of buzzwords --- but that
is an entirely other story with those businessmen).

regards,
Robert

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.213 / U:0.144 seconds]