    SubjectRe: ECP+EPP mode problem with IOMEGA Zip
    > On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Juan Antonio Martinez wrote:
    > > If the port is set to ECP+EPP mode zip drive is not found. It works fine in
    > > SPP or ECP mode. Not sure if the problem is in parport_pc or ppa modules
    > > Not tested with other parallel devices
    > I expect it's parport_pc, but just to check, please try this:
    > # insmod parport
    > # insmod parport_pc
    > # insmod ppa
    > Did things work previously in 2.1?
    I have the same problems (since 2.1.85 I think). The diagnostic utility in the ppa package (I can't just now
    recall it name) saw well everything but the parport_pc didn't. As I remember the parport_pc code failed when
    probing parallel port devices - it send something and it didn't liked what it received and so it said that there's
    no device (I tried to bypass these tests in code (;-)) but it doesn't help...). I'm not at home now so
    I can't give you further info but if you are interested, mail me.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.018 / U:64.868 seconds]