SubjectRe: ECP+EPP mode problem with IOMEGA Zip
> On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Juan Antonio Martinez wrote:
>
> > If the port is set to ECP+EPP mode zip drive is not found. It works fine in
> > SPP or ECP mode. Not sure if the problem is in parport_pc or ppa modules
> > Not tested with other parallel devices
>
> I expect it's parport_pc, but just to check, please try this:
>
> # insmod parport
> # insmod parport_pc
> # insmod ppa
>
> Did things work previously in 2.1?

I have the same problems (since 2.1.85 I think). The diagnostic utility in the ppa package (I can't just now
recall it name) saw well everything but the parport_pc didn't. As I remember the parport_pc code failed when
probing parallel port devices - it send something and it didn't liked what it received and so it said that there's
no device (I tried to bypass these tests in code (;-)) but it doesn't help...). I'm not at home now so
I can't give you further info but if you are interested, mail me.

Honza.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.074 / U:0.124 seconds]