    SubjectRe: *** Draft 5 - Press Release ***
    Date
    > 	* Quotes from Linus and possibly Alan Cox. Quotes from the two main
    > maintainers would be nice, and add to the belief and support behind
    > 2.2.

    You want one from Linus if anyone, and then maybe vendors. Im sure Linus will
    do something utterly inimitable anyway. The last "licensing" joke one had
    people worried for weeks 8)

    > Josh Cohen and Vinod Valloppillil, in a competitive examination of Linux
    > issued by Microsoft Corporation, wrote that "Linux represents a best-of-
    > breed UNIX, that is trusted in mission critical applications, and - due to
    > it's open source code - has a long term credibility which exceeds many
    > other competitive OS's."

    Thats the most I'd quote from MS. Also change it to

    in the "Halloween memo" a competitive..

    editors remember the Halloween memo's and will put 2 + 2 together then

    > [COMMENT - We need more in the commercial bit.]
    >
    > Commercial Programs
    >
    > Corel http://linux.corel.com
    > Oracle on Linux http://www.oracle.com/linux/

    Commercial Software Index
    http://www.linux.org.uk/Commercial
    (there's also a commercial index on Linux Journal)

    > Other Open Source Projects
    include

    [ie there are lots more] - also put GNOME/KDE here since you referenced them

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:2.584 / U:0.244 seconds]