    SubjectRe: Adding checkpointing API to Linux kernel
    > Andy Glew writes about the need for an NT-like (gasp!) API in the
    > GNU/Linux that would all trapping of OS system calls without recompiling
    > code. (For use in checkpoint migration facilities, which we are
    > considering adding to GNU Queue.) Recompilation is necessary to use
    > these facilities with commercial apps. The scary thing is it appears to
    > be easier in NT than in GNU/Linux (see Andy's comments). Given NT's

    You can already do it in Linux. LD_PRELOAD and LD_LIBRARY_PATH allow you
    to control and modify linkloading order. If you get a static linked commercial
    binary just ask them for the object modules under the LGPL terms the C library
    has to rebuild it (or just for a dynamic binary)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.019 / U:5.052 seconds]