SubjectRe: A simple way to lock up 2.2.0-pre7
On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.02A.9901160703210.283-100000@mikeg.weiden.de> you write:
> >
> >Every time you press return, one exits with the error message. If you
> >press ^C again on the affected tty before these are all gone.. boom.
> >

> The above call trace must be from some nonstandard kernel. It doesn't
> make sense, but more importantly it's not something a standard kernel
> would print out anyway.

I just copied it from the screen and fed it to ksymoops. I'll try again
with IKD disabled, as the symptoms are the same with or without. Maybe the
the stack gets munged beyond usefulness.

> What strange patches have you been smoking?

Only fpu_memcpy, IKD and raid-0.90.0. All have been in there for ages
except for raid-0.90.0.. that's been there for all of the pre2.2 with
no signs of trouble.

> (And no, I don't see any strange behaviour either, I get the same lack
> of problems that Ted gets - just an endless stream of EIO messages that
> is eminently killable by just pressing ^C and getting on with it).

Darn.. maybe box needs to be old and slow. It's 100% repeatable here.

-Mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.070 / U:0.120 seconds]