SubjectRe: ISSUE: psaux does not load in 2.2.0pre6
David Woodhouse wrote:

> Or even better, to have the driver automatically notice when a mouse is
> plugged in, without intervention from the user at all. P'raps it should scan
> for a mouse whenever /dev/psaux is opened when a mouse isn't currently thought
> to be attached?

Note that this can be done in user space: the only way the mouse
communicates with the host is by sending and receiving bytes on the
wire. For that you have the write() and read() calls.

Compare to a serial port: surely you don't expect the serial driver
to automatically detect when a mouse or a modem is hot-plugged into
a serial port?

Besides, I don't think the PS/2 mouse was intended to be
hot-pluggable. There have been reports of fried ports on this
list.

Johan Myréen
jem@iki.fi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.057 / U:2.168 seconds]