SubjectRe: boot parameters / TECH80 5650 & DAS 1800 hardware
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Han-Kwang Nienhuys wrote:

> Hello,
> I am currently working on two device drivers for use in a laboratory
> environment. One for a servo controller (TECH80 model 5650), the other one
> for an AD convertor (CyrDAS 1800HR).
> Question 1: how can a module retrieve the kernel boot options (e.g.
> te5650=0x320) ? I couldn't find it in Beck's book "Linux kernel internals".
> The other char drivers don't seem to bother very much about boot options.

It's not supposed to. Modules have their own parameters (that come
from the insmod command line or /etc/conf.modules). You can use the
MODULE_PARAM macro to tell insmod about these. Have a look at some
existing modules to see how this is used.

Ben Hutchings, software engineer | web site to be reconstructed at some time | Team *AMIGA* | Jay Miner Society -
Gates has joked that everything goes on and off unexepectedly in the house,
which is run by a high-end PC network built on Windows NT. - Seattle Times