SubjectRe: PATCH: Linux 2.2.0pre7-ac3
On Fre, 15 Jan 1999, Joe Fouche wrote:

>These fixes (or something between .132 and now) allow me to load PAS2 support
>as a module correctly, which is wonderful. However, the volume level is _very_
>low no matter what I do to the mixer settings. Maybe this is something people
>have seen before?

Yes, indeed, my MAD16 compatible Yamaha SoundEdge soundcard has a rather odd
outputvolume no matter what level I set the mixer to. The only way to work
around this is to make a warm reboot and boot dos. Unfortunately I have to
disconnect my ISDN cable for this action because my ISDN port will $$$$ up
otherwise....
--

Servus,
Daniel