SubjectRe: *** next draft - press release ***

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

> Yes, I suppose that is needed. Let's skip "Information Highway"
> though, please!

Seconded. Let's leave it to this Gore wanker. BTW, he misparsed
what he heard: 'highway' thing was told about the new cross-Atlantic link,
*not* about the 'net. No need to make half of the 'net laugh/barf.

> >> new life to older 486-based computers. Support is widely available
> >
> > Here we should change that 486-based to 386-based ... don't limit our
> > suporting to the lower end ... someone is still using 386 :)
>
> Hopefully that will be an option left for hackers only.
> 386 support cuts into performance and SMP support.

How so? When did you look at the code last time?

> Marcin Dalecki writes:
>
> > What about something in the sense of: "* Frist UNIX support for a
> > wide range of advanced multimedia features like video capture ..."

Very likely an outright lie. And one that can be easily caught, at
that.

> No, UNIX is a legacy operating system. UNIX is hard to use.
> UNIX might even be dead. Linux is new, exciting, and trendy!
> Linux even has more server market share than UNIX. :-)

OK, Albert, you've got a smiley there and your name in From: kinda
counts for implicit C&C warning, but could you please *explicitly* warn
about such pearls? Say it, a page or two prior to the thing. This coffee
was *hot*. Thanks $DEITY I don't have a cat. Sorry, some of us may be in
the end of *long* run and may be caught unprepared.

> > No it should be something about: " full support for direct data
> > interchangability between Linux and NT systems!"
>
> That won't do either, since it might just mean TCP/IP.
> How about "hard disks" or "hard drives"?

Guess how the second variant will be misparsed ;-)

> > "It should be expected that the system integrators will incorporate
> > it as SOON AS POSSIBLE into ..."
>
> Yes, good idea.

It bloody shouldn't! Press release or not, *never* dare to give
promises on part of other folks.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:1.377 / U:0.008 seconds]