    SubjectRe: *** next draft - press release ***

    > I don't think leaving a press release to the Linux vendors is a good idea
    > in the long term. Competition is a "good thing", IMHO, and the market
    > needs to understand that the Linux vendors are primarily "editors"; that
    > (most, but not all of) the real work gets done by groups elsewhere.

    I don't think that's accurate at all. Editors are not only there to
    catch errors and assign stories, they perform the function of deciding
    what makes it into print and what doesn't, according to a number of
    criteria. That is nowhere near the role of a vendor or reseller.

    --

    Robert Kiesling
    kiesling@ix.netcom.com