    SubjectRe: draft for review - press release
    Nice try, but you're probably not a writer by trade!

    Too many numbers, jargon and acronyms. Cut by a factor of 10.

    "A month of sundays ago Smart, Kylie wrote:"
    > Please make sure any replies go to
    > hello,
    > earlier today I said I would draft up a press release for
    > when linux 2.2.0 gets released because of the publicity.
    > Anyway here it is. Please have a look and give me any suggestions
    > that you might have. In particular I would like to order new
    > features by importance, I'm sure I've missed some too. If
    > people feel this job should be taken on by someone who has a
    > high profile then I'll happily hand it over (i.e. I won't take
    > it personally).
    > cheers
    > Greg Smart
    > The Linux kernel development team has released stable kernel version
    > 2.2.0. This release emcompasses the bug fixes and enhancements of the
    > 2.1.xx series of development kernels, and the 2.2.0 pre-release kernel
    > series. This release supercedes stable kernel v2.0.36, and is intended
    > for inclusion in GNU/Linux distributions.

    For example, getting out my red pen.

    The Linux team, a worldwide group of computer hackers led by Linus
    Torwalds, now at Transmeta Corp. in the USA, has released a new
    operating system kernel. The new kernel has been in development for
    nearly three years, and will soon be powering the future GNU/Linux
    distributions of the popular UNIX-like operating system for the PC,
    sparc, alpha and many other platforms. Hello Linux 2.2!

    Etc. etc. Eric Raymond should probably be left to do this!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.032 / U:3.456 seconds]