SubjectRe: Building .config into the kernel
Date
"A month of sundays ago Barrett G. Lyon wrote:"

> can yeild your dotconfig even if you don't remember what kernel you booted.
> There are exceptions, but if you can't keep track of your kernel thats
> pretty bad.

No it isn't, it's normal. I don't for one single second believe that
you have the .config of the 4th kernel that you installed on the machine
in the first room on the third corridor of the second level of the
building over the road two years ago.

Natch, YOU put it on the machine, but since then they've had a few
system crashes, and they've tried a few things, and anyway, your kernel
is the only one that's ever worked on their adaptec bus with the hp
surestore that can't be terminated actively without killing the machine,
and they'd _really_ like to know what the magic combo you used to
compile it with is.

Get real.

Peter

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.042 / U:0.864 seconds]