SubjectRe: draft for review - press release
Date
simon writes:
> On 14-Jan-99 Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

[Albert's attempt]

> obviously stood far to close to a marketroid :-)

Wally taught me to be shamelessly buzzword compliant. Hey, we could
use a bit of marketing here. This isn't for comp.os.linux.announce.

There was a GNOME report that seems to have turned multiple language
support (C, C++, Perl, Tom...) into multilingual (French...) support.
Technical press releases must be designed to carry useful info
even after getting mangled by a reporter.

Kylie Smart's version can be used for all the nerdy places.
My version probably made some people _here_ get sick.

> rather good - though you neglect to mention a couple of things:
>
> - since 2.0.x oracle, creative labs, sun, corel computer,...
> have announced support for linux

Where would it fit? Total length and coherence are concerns.
It is hard to say "no" to such nice content, but...

> - linux runs on x86, alpha, mips, sparc, arm, powerpc, 68k,...

Save that for slashdot, comp.unix.*, and other nerdy places.
Note the use of "PowerMac" (something people understand) rather
than "PowerPC" (technical computer innards). Also, Linux can't
even run on a bare CPU. Linux requires a complete computer.

> - intel have announced that merced will have a linux port

Again, where would it fit? This is also vaporware, in spite of the
certainty. We can't cram the whole Linux FAQ into a press release.

I encourage everyone with decent writing skills to compete a bit
or suggest improvements. Were the features presented in the best
possible order? Was a sesntence easy to misinterpret or hard to parse?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.126 / U:0.132 seconds]