SubjectRe: Reiserfs availability(was Re: ext2 docs)

woop woop!

Great news. Just one problem.

We are due to build a 127g fs in the next week, and want something better than
ext2(on fscks, and mounting, it sucks at this size). How much better is
reiserfs? I have heard before, but have forgotten. Please refresh.

Thanks for the great work.

Adam

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Hans Reiser wrote:

> Reiserfs is available now, it seems to be stable, what we are agonizing over is
> various tuning modifications. I would say that it is worth using now in its current form, but we are going to tweak it for 1-2 more weeks
> before we release it.
>
> Hans
>
> David Feuer wrote:
>

> > Unfortunately, I don't know nearly enough about ext2 to write
> > documentation. I was trying to _find_ it.... It seemed odd that
> > other obscure FSs had docs, but not ext2. BTW, anyone know when
> > (if ever) will reiserfs come out? I've heard it will be good,
> > but don't know much about it.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.230 / U:0.264 seconds]