SubjectRe: SB16 problem
Date
From memory my brand new SB16 PnP which has the Vibra chip on it
doesn't have the address lines D8-D15 on the second bit of the AT slot
making it physically impossible to do 16 bit transfers. It will still play
16 bit sound however which is an entirely different bucket of fish.

Have a close look at the AT/ISA extension part of the card and I think
you'll find there are only a few control lines used (probably the extra IRQs).

Regards

Christian Hack
christianh@edmi.com.au
EDMI Pty Ltd
Ph : (07) 3888 3066
FAX : (07) 3888 3583

> From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@kellnet.com>
> Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 19:33:49 -0500
> Subject: Re: SB16 problem
>
> Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'll only point out the most
> interesting comments here, and remove the attributions to preserve a
> bit of anonymity.
>
> > No. Sad to say, but it is really 8 bit DMA channel.
> > I heard that Vibra does not have 16 bit DMA.
> >
> > Hence the error.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.023 / U:0.852 seconds]