SubjectRe: linux-kernel's extremely slow turnaround time
On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Horst von Brand wrote:
> Oliver Xymoron <oxymoron@waste.org> said:
> [...]
> > I'm still using 1.x majordomo just like everyone else. The bottleneck is
> > not calling external commands (which is primarily calling sendmail for
> > message delivery, once per message), but in loading and compiling resend,
> > archive, etc., repeatedly. Resend for some lists may also have to read the
> > subscriber list to determine whether a post is legitimate, but this is not
> > an issue for linux-kernel. Free memory helps _a lot_, as do fast disks.
> How about compiling majordomo then? The latest perls have (experimental)
> support for compiling to binary.
if i'm not mistaken before perl4 you could convert your perl-scripts to
perl-bytecode. but as perl matured that option was silently removed
(because it wasn't cross-platform anymore ?)
i can't find the original faq to point to ;/

dag wieers, <dag@digibel.be>, http://dag.ml.org/ _| _ _
° we know linux is the best, it can do infinite ° (_|(_|(_| °
loops in five seconds. -- Linus Torvalds |

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.072 / U:0.072 seconds]