    SubjectRe: Kernel Threads: Dr. Russinovich's response
    On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > The following is Dr. Russinovich's response to criticisms of his
    > > article. He points out: "I expect my criticisms will help, not
    > > hinder, efforts to get Linux ready for the enterprise" -- for this
    > > reason, I thought I'd better forward it.
    >
    > I've already pointed out his reply is full of errors to him, and have received
    > no reply as yet.
    >
    > Alan

    This is a no-win strawman. Basically he says that he doesn't like Unix
    or Unix-type operating systems, and that a version of Windows NT that does
    not yet exist is the only thing that will work with an undefined thing he
    calls "enterprise computing".

    Note that the so-called Doctor is probably just a pen-name he uses in
    the NT rag. He is a salesman for NT and most everybody knows NT needs
    salesmen. It doesn't run on its own merits.

    Cheers,
    Dick Johnson
    ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
    Penguin : Linux version 2.1.131 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).
    Wisdom : It's not a Y2K problem. It's a Y2Day problem.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.019 / U:30.976 seconds]