SubjectRe: Kernel Threads: Dr. Russinovich's response
On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > The following is Dr. Russinovich's response to criticisms of his
> > article. He points out: "I expect my criticisms will help, not
> > hinder, efforts to get Linux ready for the enterprise" -- for this
> > reason, I thought I'd better forward it.
>
> I've already pointed out his reply is full of errors to him, and have received
> no reply as yet.
>
> Alan

This is a no-win strawman. Basically he says that he doesn't like Unix
or Unix-type operating systems, and that a version of Windows NT that does
not yet exist is the only thing that will work with an undefined thing he
calls "enterprise computing".

Note that the so-called Doctor is probably just a pen-name he uses in
the NT rag. He is a salesman for NT and most everybody knows NT needs
salesmen. It doesn't run on its own merits.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.131 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).
Wisdom : It's not a Y2K problem. It's a Y2Day problem.