SubjectRe: Results: pre6 vs pre6+zlatko's_patch vs pre5 vs arcavm13
Andrea Arcangeli <> writes:

> I've seen pre7 now and I produced arca-vm-18 against it.
> In arca-vm-18 I avoided the swaping readahead if we would be forced to do
> _sync_ IO in the readahead. This make tons of sense to me.

Yes, I agree. I made a same change in my development patches, this
morning, and it works well. We can only gain with policy like that.

> Another thing that would be interesting could be to change
> SWAPFILE_CLUSTER to 256 as in clean pre7. I think it's not needed because
> I am not hearing disk seeks under heavy swapping but may I guess there is
> some reason is 256 in pre7 ;)?

Better clustering of pages on the disk. That will improve swapin
readahead hit rate, and overall performance.