SubjectRe: linux-kernel's extremely slow turnaround time
Shawn Leas <> writes:

> Have ya ever tried qmail? I can't comment on it's ability to handle
> huge lists, but I here it's pretty scalable.

I've had experience with qmail and VERY large volume
mail servers (sorry, i can't talk about which servers
nor for which company). However, as was previously
pointed out: qmail is exceptionally fast
at delivering mail (my constraint was exit bandwidth),
but you really need to plan your filesystem and kernel
configuration around it in order to have it not
slam into a wall at mach two due to lack of resources.

I believe that if the kernel and filesystem are configured
correctly, the existing hardware should be more than
capable of handling the current listserv load.

-- craig

Craig I. Hagan "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to back it up"
hagan(at) "True hackers don't die, their ttl expires"
"It takes a village to raise an idiot, but an idiot can raze a village"
Stop the spread of spam, use a sendmail condom!

In Bandwidth we trust