    SubjectRe: linux-kernel's extremely slow turnaround time
    Shawn Leas <> writes:

    > Have ya ever tried qmail? I can't comment on it's ability to handle
    > huge lists, but I here it's pretty scalable.

    I've had experience with qmail and VERY large volume
    mail servers (sorry, i can't talk about which servers
    nor for which company). However, as was previously
    pointed out: qmail is exceptionally fast
    at delivering mail (my constraint was exit bandwidth),
    but you really need to plan your filesystem and kernel
    configuration around it in order to have it not
    slam into a wall at mach two due to lack of resources.

    I believe that if the kernel and filesystem are configured
    correctly, the existing hardware should be more than
    capable of handling the current listserv load.

    -- craig

    Craig I. Hagan "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to back it up"
    hagan(at) "True hackers don't die, their ttl expires"
    "It takes a village to raise an idiot, but an idiot can raze a village"

    Stop the spread of spam, use a sendmail condom!

    In Bandwidth we trust

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.019 / U:18.620 seconds]