SubjectRe: linux-kernel's extremely slow turnaround time
On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> In message <19990110004042Z92293-18266+28@mea.tmt.tele.fi>, Matti Aarnio
> writes
>
> *boggle* And you think *sendmail* is a load problem? Majordomo is quite
> useless for mailing lists with more than a few hundred users (reduce
> quantities as the number of hosted lists increases), regardless of MTA ---
> question answered. vger is drowning in inefficient Perl scripts.

Bah. I have a Majordomo list with ~12000 subscribers. No problems. Not to
mention a hundred other lists of various sizes. Majordomo's resend load is
proportional to number of messages, not subscribers. Oh yeah, I've been
using Zmailer for the past couple years because sendmail stopped being
able to keep up with the queue long ago..

Of course, I have much faster disks in my mail server than vger - I've got
a couple UW SCSI drives with a Buslogic controller. Load sits at < 1
typically.