SubjectRe: Drunken mumblings [OFFTROPIC]

On 30 Dec 98, at 1:58 John R. Lenton wrote:

> I have a terribly off-topic question that only surfaced in
> my mind because it could float better than most of my other
> questions (good grief I had *much* too much sider and junk
> at the party). I have *no* idea about what I'm talkin, feel
> free to ignore me, etc. It comes from an idle (i.e. slightly
> pickled) brain that just caught up with all the postings on
> how lousy NFS, CODA, and Co. all are.
>
> Can a SCSI cable be used to connect computers?

<snip>

FWIW, I had an experience doing some work for Phillip Morris
where they had me connect two (PowerMacs?) laptops with a SCSI
cable (actually, two cables hooked together). I didn't really get to
much of a chance to quiz the guy on what was going on, but it
worked quite nicely. I believe that, except for the home made cable,
it was a program run on the Mac which made the connection
possible. This means (to me, anyway, not being a programmer) that
perhaps somebody could write a kernel module of some sort to do
this. Anyway, all this to say, I have seen it work, but don't exactly
know how.

Chris Hofmann

--==--
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm
basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated b
ut with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
--Thomas Jefferson

--==--

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.333 / U:0.180 seconds]