SubjectRe: [offtopic] Re: I2c was: Cobalt Micro (was Re: Build your own Motherboards)

it arbitrates the but by listening to the bus as it transmits, if it hears
something different then it is transmitting it stops transmitting and the
other station continues (the first thing it transmits is it's own id # and
the node with more 1 bits in it's address will win as it will transmit a 1
while the other node transmits a 0, the 1 will make it on the bus and the
other node will stop)

David Lang