    SubjectRe: 2.1.120 breaks PC keyboard
    > I was unable to use a Focus 2001 101-key keyboard attached to a
    > motherboard with an ITE IT8680F-A controller (I had some trouble reading
    > the marking) and Intel VX chip set. After booting, pressing various keys

    I have a bunch of Focus keyboards (I'm a sucker for an actual 'click' and
    the calculator) but I've had a few keyboards "freak out" after about, umm, ~3
    years of use. I have one Focus 9001 that will exhibit the same behavior you
    describe. The trick to get it to work is to plug it in and out until it gets
    past the normal keyboard init. It's getting "stuck" somewhere and I'm tempted
    to think it's a faulty trace somewhere.

    So, most likely, the kernel is not at fault.. I don't use that keyboard
    anymore, I just keep it around for parts and/or have a test machine that
    needs a keyboard.

    I'm typing this currently on a 2001 in fact. :)
    It's unfortunate that the new ones have Windows keys.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:4.400 / U:0.060 seconds]