SubjectRe: patch for NFS rename -- please test!

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> I've put together a patch to allow NFS to rename over a busy target, as
> a number of applications apparently need to do this.
>
> I've tested the changes under knfsd and unfsd with some torture scripts
> and it appears to be solid, but I'd appreciate it if the people who
> reported application problems could retest with the patch in place.

Bill,

The 'ddd' debugger front-end now works correctly when saving its session
files to an NFS-mounted directory. I have seen no other ill effects.

Thanks for fixing this!

On another matter, while exporting mounts with wildcards does nominally
work, big problems occur if the server is restarted after clients have
established a mount based upon such permissions. I believe the problem
stems from the client not appearing specifically in the xtab file. The
only way I can recover is to explicitly create an export entry for that
client after restart - which sort of defeats the whole point behind
wildcards..

Is there any remedy feasible?

Steve

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.138 / U:0.012 seconds]