SubjectRe: Differences between FreeBSD and Linux system call mechanism
On Fri, 04 Sep 1998, Terry Lambert wrote:

> I really didn't ask for my FreeBSD-current
> posting about the inefficacy of kernel threading to be partially quoted
> to linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu, which is how I got dragged in here...

Well Terry, if you don't want to be thrown into the wolves den so to
speak, cease posting wild theories and false statements like the rest of
the BSD bigoted crowd. If the benchmarks clearly show Linux as being
better in a particular area, you're not going to be improving the
performance of your particular favourite flavour of BSD to compete or
better Linux in that area by sprouting forth rubbish on mailing lists.

The one thing I like about the Linux kernel developers is that they're
human. They'll admit the mistakes and the shortcomings and the places
where Linux can be improved, and they'll work towards fixing all of them.
There's no public gloating about how much their code is better, and
especially no public posting of utter baseless bullshit. Rather, there's
just silent work to provide a stable, reliable, high performance operating
system to meet the demands placed on computer systems.

--
Matt