    SubjectRe: Masquerading - extending the timeout values
    In message <>, Jeff Bailey writes:
    | /sbin/ipfwadm -Ms 7200 7200 7200
    | I probably don't need the second value set as high, and I have had
    | problems where I've filled up the masquerade table (I don't know how
    | many entries it can take, but it seems to be in the thousands).

    I'm glad to hear that; I've bumped the UDP timeout on a gateway box behind
    which sit thirty-odd boxes who expect to be able to reach the ECE AFS
    servers despite being otherwise isolated from the world. (AFS servers don't
    like it when the apparent client cache manager port changes on them. Or,
    rather, they don't take notice of it; they keep using the original port, for
    which the masquerading has lapsed when using the default timeout.)

    brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
    system administrator [WAY too many hats]
    electrical and computer engineering KF8NH
    carnegie mellon university

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.017 / U:322.676 seconds]